10.5.3 airport issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by squeeks, Jun 1, 2008.

1. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

ever since upgrading to 10.5.3 my airport will work for 5-10 minutes then stop responding until i turn airport off then back on again

anyone else had this problem?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. squeeks thread starter macrumors 68040

squeeks

and how exactly do you do that

ive tried turing it off and back on, im talking about the airport card btw (apple needs to come up with different names for different things)

its using a Dlink router/AP (which ive tried resetting too)

4. squeeks thread starter macrumors 68040

squeeks

Followup:

seems to be working fine at home on my airport express, it just doesnt like my fiancee's dlink ap

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yeah the Airport has funky compatibilty with other brands; I had to flash my Linksys with dd-wrt firmware to get it working right. I'll probably return it tomorrow though (the Airport Express).

As with reset there's a small button you poke with a needle or something; it's next to the audio jack and it's the reset button; you have to plug the Airport to power, press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds until the indicator blinks amber a few times.

6. squeeks thread starter macrumors 68040

squeeks

well, i got home last night and my airport express had no problems, so i guess it was just it not wanting to play nice with the dlink its dont this before, sorta, but one like once throughout the day, not every 5-10 minutes like it was doing yesterday

7. squeeks thread starter macrumors 68040

squeeks

problem seems to be linked to my bluetooth adapter i lose the connection every 2-3 minutes when its on