10.5.3 and Flash/Dreamweaver Apps

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ThirteenXIII, Jun 4, 2008.

1. ThirteenXIII macrumors 6502a

I have the Macromedia 8 Studio on a Powermac G5 single core machine & i recently updated to 10.5.3; I recently launched dreamweaver and flasha nd it must have flushed out some important files withthem as they will no longer open, it tells me "Please reinstall your software"

so i try and goes through the process the icon bounces and then nothing, ive repaired all the permissions, new user account tried it on a new partition of 10.5.2 and it works there but not 10.5.3?

i just did a fresh install of 10.5 3 weeks ago so its not congested at all.

did this happen to anyone else at all? any ideas of what to do.

i cant justify $xxxx for new Apps when these ones work(ed) just fine for my needs

2. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

As I currently understand the situation, Studio 8 applications (anything in the 8 series, like Dreamweaver 8, Flash 8, Fireworks 8, etc) simply do not work under Leopard, period.

Your only recourse if that's true - pretty sure it is - would be running those applications inside a virtual machine such as VMWare, VirtualBox, or Parallels running Windows, but I'm going to bet that the version of Studio 8 you currently own and paid for in the past is the Mac version.

If that's the case, you're effectively out of luck. Planned obsolescence at work, unfortunately. :(