Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nightkrawler

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2006
Vienna, Austria
is this new? :unsure:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GoogleContactSync.framework

Attachments

• Bild 1.png
    Bild 1.png
    204.9 KB · Views: 1,099

mgsarch

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
what a pleasant surprise! safari does seem snappier, booting took 3 tries but on the third it was snappier than usual as well. spaces/expose seem more seamless than usual.

anyone notice the shutdown screen had a blue film (like light blue kernel panic!?) as it rebooted? it looked neat but I was almost expecting a KP because of it.

msmith2112

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2002
What kind of issue do you have with your Exilim Camera?
(Just curious, because I also have one, but never connect it directly to the Mac. I always use an CardReader to get the pictures off the camera.)

It has problems mounting the camera when connected directly. In fact, it may be how the camera has formatted the card, b/c when I take it out and use a reader, it has trouble as well.

About this issue...

aLoC

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2006
Installed ok on 2008 Mac Pro here. Mail/Safari/iTunes/iPhoto/Pages still work.

I'm not sure it's being optimal about what services it starts. It loads something called "Airport Base Station Agent" and I have neither an Airport card nor a base station. I have no wireless network of any kind configured. This may have also been happening with .2, not sure.

FoxyKaye

macrumors 68000
Disk Utility, Repairing Permissions now tells you it may take a few minutes to evaluate your file system before it starts repairing. At least people won't freak out anymore. Seems to be a hair faster with regard to disk utility. Dashboard moved a few Widgets up and down a bit, nothing fancy, but the whole system seems more fluid graphically and less lag with regard to going b/t windows in the Finder. Also noticed that an issue where if you tried to use multiple programs accessing the net, ie Safari bringing a page up and running Software Update, Software Update would take forever to search for updates, has been resolved it seems.
Similar experiences here on my dual-core G5 tower test partition. Will install @ home on the ol' iMac G5 tonight (which has definitely not been happy with Leopard to date) and report back.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Installed ok on 2008 Mac Pro here. Mail/Safari/iTunes/iPhoto/Pages still work.

I'm not sure it's being optimal about what services it starts. It loads something called "Airport Base Station Agent" and I have neither an Airport card nor a base station. I have no wireless network of any kind configured. This may have also been happening with .2, not sure.

My Mac Pro 2006 does the same thing with 10.5.2, so I don't think it's anything new. I think it's new since the last Airport Utility update.

-Kevin

BoRegardless

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2004
I will wait for a couple of days and see what problems (if any) you gals/guys find...

More than wait a couple days, I would recommend doing your clones and backups so reversing back to 10.5.2 would be painless. Another external Hard Drive is real cheap insurance.

Reloading an OS and then all the Applications & Utilities and then updates is still an all day job on a new HD, when you have dozens of Applications and Utilities and you document everything, so you hope you only have to do it once, and then keep that master for cloning on a rainy day when something burps.

I've already had some form of unidentifiable corruption that causes Mail & Safari to quit occassionally, so I have an external bootable that will get 10.5.3 today. The internal HD will then get wiped, zerod, and the external OS cloned back in if the external runs fine. Data is already separated on a separate partition & hard drive.

Be safe.

CJM

macrumors 68000
May 7, 2005
U.K.
Spaces does seem to have been optimised. This is good.

However, Apple doesn't seem to have fixed the problem I get with Quartz/Core (image? I think) in that the Stix visualizer in iTunes and the Arabesque ScreenSaver give either a gray background or annoying black and white noise.

(my girlfriend's iMac gets it too)

Screeny:

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    598.5 KB · Views: 456

FJ218700

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2007
Blue Dot, Red State
installed on my PowerBook 1.67.

the update broke my screen-dimming and spaces preferences.

Not looking forawrd to testing airdisk TM backups when I get home.

disk utility is version 11.1 now, still slow though

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
w00t - as always I am having the combo-update download seperately (then I have time to dup the HDD first and can apply it to the Mac Pro too)

536Mb for the Combo - ouch .....

x fingers

aquarajustin

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2008
420MB on my PowerBook G4 12", 198MB on my iMac G5 17". G5 is installing now. Still waiting on the 10.5.3 update for Leopard Server on my Power Mac G4 466MHz. :p

mvangent

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2008
I'm going to update in a minute. Hopefully my Time Machine backups on the Time Capsule will stay intact.

I'll let you know.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
What is the advantage of the combo update?

I've seen many hear doing that, and I am curious of the benefits of it.

Thanks,:)

none, it just works with 10.5/1 or 2 as far as I can tell.

tico24

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Eastleigh, UK
Warning To Airport/time Machine Users

I now can't back up to my USB HDD attached to my airport extreme.
It can't mount the volume.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.