10.5.3 issue? Mouse is a "beachball" when waking from sleep, but later changes back

Discussion in 'macOS' started by imac123, Jun 6, 2008.

1. imac123 macrumors regular

When I wake from sleep, my mouse cursor is a beachball that is NOT spinning. I can use my mouse like normal, move it, and click on things, but its still a beachball.

I beleive it stays like this until the mouse is actually supposed to be a beachball (when I open a few programs at the same time and the computer starts "thinking") , then it starts spinning and after that it goes back to the normal black arror cursor.

Might be a problem from the 10.5.3 update? anyone else experience this?:confused:

2. SJTV1 macrumors newbie

I had (still have) this issue before 10.5.3. If it's beachball on login screen (that when it's outside dialog box), it stays beachbell after you unlock, if it's not beachball (if cursor is inside dialog box) then it's fine.

3. smt1192 macrumors regular

We are having this same problem. I think it might be a kernel panic or something to do with energy saver.

4. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

Since upgrading to 10.5.3 I've had a problem where when I wake my Mac from sleep I just have a spinning beach-ball and nothing else shows up. The only option is to re-start :(

5. raindog1978 macrumors newbie

I've been plagued with this issue for a while. But only on one (out of 2) accounts on the iMac. Has anyone resolved this?

6. zPolarBear macrumors newbie

I think I've seen my iMac do this and it looks like it is while it is trying to reconnect to the LAN/Net via the AirPort (scanning, authenticating, DHCP)...
    Is anything like that happening for ya'll?