10.5.3 spotlight web history problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by JoeKozy, Jun 3, 2008.

1. JoeKozy macrumors member

Before the update (i'm assuming this problem began as soon as software update was run) it was easy to find a webpage, i'd type something into spotlight and it would find the site in my webhistory and then load the page with a single click. Now when i click on a site it opens up a dialog box asking me to confirm i want to open the file, treating a '.webhistory' file as an application (see pics below). Is there anyway to restore its old way of doing things? Does anyone else have this problem?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. louise6380 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem. This is also true for bookmarks.
    Don't know why they changed it this way :(

3. applefan69 macrumors 6502a

applefan69

I dont think they changed anything i think its a glitch. I think the system is not properly recognizing the .wedhistory format for some reason, and since the system thinks that it was downloaded from the web, its treating it like an application.

Thats what i think at least, im sure this will be fixed in 10.5.4 for sure.

4. TH-Gunner macrumors regular

It always asks me to open even .HTML files, so I'm not surprised by this. I would have thought it was normal.

5. JoeKozy thread starter macrumors member

I'm glad i'm not the only one at least. I'm 100% sure the webhistory was not treated like this in previous versions, it was nice and simple to find a site through spotlight and get there in one click, so i hope it's fixed in the next version (i hope the rumours of it being out in a matter of a few weeks are true!)

6. MBX macrumors 65816

i just posted the same problem a week ago! glad to see i wasn't the only one.

then i downloaded the combo-update, installed it and the problem went away.

however now i have some stupid little spaces and safari issue but hopefully it will be fixed again with 10.5.4

7. louise6380 macrumors newbie

so, did it work for all other guys here?
    download and apply a combo update?