Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
T

Tonerl

Original poster
Having switched from Windows to Mac OS X, I find that I must use Windows (under Fusion) to:
keep my personal finances straight (MS Money)
synchronize my Palm Treo 680 (Palm Hotsync)

I hope to find a Mac equivalent to MS Money in time but synchronizing software is more dubious. Mark/Space's Missing Sync for Palm has problems because (according to Mark/Space) of flaws in Leopard's sync facilities. Is 10.5.3 likely to remedy this or must I wait for an update at some distant time?

I look forward to the time when I have no need to run Windows at all.

TIA

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
I was using Quicken on Windows and the data wouldn't even translate to Quicken for Mac, :rolleyes:

but it did translate to iBank for Mac. I'm using iBank 3 now.

T

Tonerl

Original poster
10.5.3 - iSync problems

Apart from personal finance and sychronizing, I can do everything I want to in OS X.

I'm still investigating personal-finance software: no program seems to be 'just right' but that may change. iBank 3 is reported to have problems reconciling transactions and there are interface and bug issues. Cha-ching is, apparently, bug-ridden. I've seen nothing to rival MS Money so far and it seems that the first firm to produce a high-quality OS X equivalent of that app should make a fortune.

The sychronizing problems are a show-stopper for me. Some posters blame flaws in Leopard's version of iCal. I can sync my Treo 680 flawlessly with Outlook and need the same level of service in OS X. Some posters say that The Missing Sync for Palm (from Mark/Space) worked well in Tiger but there are many complaints about it in Leopard: Mark/Space says that Apple is aware of sync problems in Leopard. Why Apple hasn't fixed these problems (which bedevil sync with Entourage 2008, too) is certainly beyond me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.