Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Colonel Badger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
I've heard that some people have had problems with their USB hubs after upgrading to 10.5.5.

Any of you got the Dynex 4 port hub (DX-HUB2) and successfully running 10.5.5?

italidesign

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I've heard that some people have had problems with their USB hubs after upgrading to 10.5.5.

Any of you got the Dynex 4 port hub (DX-HUB2) and successfully running 10.5.5?

I have this hub and I've noticed my new iPod cant be used in the hub even though the hub is powered by the ac adapter. their were some suggestions to reset some things but, it had no luck for me.

Colonel Badger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
I have this hub and I've noticed my new iPod cant be used in the hub even though the hub is powered by the ac adapter. their were some suggestions to reset some things but, it had no luck for me.

Do you have anything else connected to this hub that DOES work? Is it the hub or your ipod that doesn't work with 10.5.5?

italidesign

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Do you have anything else connected to this hub that DOES work? Is it the hub or your ipod that doesn't work with 10.5.5?

Yes, I have external an external hard drive. And i few peripherals. I can oplug the new Ipod nano no problem into just the port itself. But it throws errors when I try to load songs to it via it being plugged into the hub.

Colonel Badger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
Yes, I have external an external hard drive. And i few peripherals. I can oplug the new Ipod nano no problem into just the port itself. But it throws errors when I try to load songs to it via it being plugged into the hub.

Sorry to keep re-asking the question, but to be explicit you're saying that your external hard drive and other peripherals work fine in your hub with 10.5.5, but your Ipod nano does not?

italidesign

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Sorry to keep re-asking the question, but to be explicit you're saying that your external hard drive and other peripherals work fine in your hub with 10.5.5, but your Ipod nano does not?

no problem man. Yeah, If I just plug it in via a usb port on my mbp it works fine. I can see it my desktop and I can load songs to it. But a different story if it is plugged into the hub. It will show the ipod on my desktop. Itunes will see the ipod. but as soon as I sync it throws errors and the syncing stops.

Colonel Badger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
no problem man. Yeah, If I just plug it in via a usb port on my mbp it works fine. I can see it my desktop and I can load songs to it. But a different story if it is plugged into the hub. It will show the ipod on my desktop. Itunes will see the ipod. but as soon as I sync it throws errors and the syncing stops.

but your external hard drive and other peripherals work fine via the hub?

torndownunit

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2009
I just found this thread, so I am refreshing it rather than posting new thread.

I am running 10.5.6 and have a slightly different issue running the same hub.

2 of the 4 ports work fine on it. The other 2 won't.

Any suggestions to trouble shoot this? Thanks.

Colonel Badger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
I just found this thread, so I am refreshing it rather than posting new thread.

I am running 10.5.6 and have a slightly different issue running the same hub.

2 of the 4 ports work fine on it. The other 2 won't.

Any suggestions to trouble shoot this? Thanks.

Sounds like a problem with the Hub. I was the person who opened this thread and the Dynex works fine on my box using 10.5.6. All ports work.

tuyenvo

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2008
Issues with hub

Sounds like a problem with the Hub. I was the person who opened this thread and the Dynex works fine on my box using 10.5.6. All ports work.

Does anyone have an issue where the hub just stops connecting and you need to unplug the USB cord to the Mac and then plug it back in? Reason I can tell is that I'm using a wireless mouse with a dongle which I plug into the hub. Every now and then (usually when I plug in my iPhone to sync) the mouse stops working and it's as if the hub is not connected at all.

I have a MacBook Air running 10.5.6 and a Logitech wireless mouse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.