10.5.5 Bricked My MBP!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by blisters, Sep 15, 2008.

1. blisters macrumors member

I HATE YOU APPLE!!! STOP WITH THE LAME UPDATES!!! :mad::mad::mad:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. stooley macrumors regular

Haha :confused:

It did not brick my MBP!

4. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Are you using the verb "brick" appropriately?

5. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

my MBP is fine. care to elaborate on your problem, OP?

6. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

blisters,

Given the nature of your last few posts today I'm sensing a little hostility. How about you relax, and let us know what happened so somebody can actually help...

7. applefan69 macrumors 6502a

applefan69

i think we have a troll

to TRULY brick, todays modern technology is ALOT more difficult then just ****ing an update up.

See... the core hardware runs firmware... as long as the firmware remains in-tact the hardware can still run, and can still process software.

When you do a software update, you will almost NEVER be touching the firmware files... in fact firmware updates are cmopletely seperate and done in a different method (for safety's sake... because yes your correct there'd be MANY pissed of cusomters is an update truly did brick a device)

WORST thing that happened to your macbook is it wont boot up passed the white screen, and wont go passd a spinning gear. In whcih case there is MANY things you can do and your FAR from bricked.

Either, become educated or stop trolling

8. Bill&Rose macrumors member

Updated my new MacBook Pro and it went fine, also updated a 20 inch iMac and a 24 inch iMac with no problems.

I am just converting over from windows computers to the Mac and so far everything has gone well, only problem was trying to install BootCamp on the MacBook Pro, the Windows XP Pro was two disks with the service pack 2 on the second disk.

XP could not find the BootCamp windows partition of the hard disk. Ended up using a copy of XP home with service pack 2 on the one disk.

9. Col127 macrumors 6502

hard to believe. worst case scenario is reinstall. now if you're talking about a firmware update, that's possible :p

10. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Mine's just fine dude...

11. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Well, he may be a troll, be he sure got a lot more attention than my similar, non-trolling thread about 10.5.5 killing iTunes, which I eventually resolved 14 hours later, no thanks to you guys.

If you don't like trolls, then why do you give them all the attention, while ignoring people with real problems? :confused:

12. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

13. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Whenever questions like this arise it' is wise to seek out the Urban Dictionary Warning! Some content may not be safe for work.

<edit> Oops looks like the OP got himself banned. Well back to the forum spy. </edit>

14. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Cool thanks! And thanks for the useful link!;)