10.5.5 doing some weird things

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kunze50, Sep 26, 2008.

1. kunze50 macrumors regular

After coming back from a month long trip I repaired permissions then installed 6 updates, 10.5.5 being one of them. Everything started out fine then I noticed the bluetooth icon in the menu bar was corrupted. I tried going into system prefs/ bluetooth and it froze up. I tried to restart but it would not. After a manual restart all applications would not open and the menu bar status icons did not load-up properly. Again I had to manually restart. Now everything seems to work. I verified the disk, (ok). Should I try to reinstall 10.5.5? Does anyone know what was going on?

2. Tosser macrumors 68030

If it were me, I'd download the combo update from apple.com just to be sure.

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Could be any number of things - from a corrupted preference file to a hardware issue. Now that it works, though - I'm a little reluctant to suggest reinstalling 10.5.5 but if you do, use the Combo update, like Tosser suggested.

4. Tosser macrumors 68030

What's with the bolding, Wizard? ;)

5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I always do that - many others do it too. My understanding is that bolding people's forum names is done out of respect.

6. Tosser macrumors 68030

Oh, I see. It reads like emphasizing, though.

7. tibi08 macrumors 6502a

tibi08

Maybe he thought you were a Tosser?

8. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Nope. You're barking up the wrong tree, as it were.

Anyway... this side discussion is off-topic, and really belongs in private messages. If someone wants to ask me more about why I bold people's names, feel free to PM me.