10.5.5 hung on installer!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by walnuts, Sep 15, 2008.

1. walnuts macrumors 6502

Hey all, forgive my panic, but I am a bit worried. I did a quick search with mroogle, but nothing came up.

I just jumped on board with the new 10.5.5 on my macbook 2.2 santa rosa. However, the installer hung on "Running Installer Script". I had to force it to power off, and I started it up again. It started, restarted by itself, and then booted up fine. It now reports that it is running 10.5.5. Is it ok? How would I tell? Should I do anything?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. blisters macrumors member

it's broken. throw it out and buy another one.

3. oxiabit macrumors newbie

maybe no one told you but, here is not playground for kids sweety. ok?

4. HENRYMCS macrumors newbie

I have the same issue too. I started the installation yesterday afternoon and its still froze like that. I'm gonna keep searching the net to find our answer to this Apple :apple: update.

At the moment another person asked the same question we have in the Official Apple Forums. Here
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1712877&tstart=0

I will be monitoring that apple forum post so my Mac can be fixed asap.

5. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

If it were I, I'd download the combo update from Apple and install it. Can't hurt anything.

6. walnuts thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, that's what I did, and that's what others did on the apple forum. All seems fine...I hope it stays that way. Thanks everyone for the help!

7. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

This seems a stupid question but what is the combo update and where do i find it? on the apple downloads site i can only find the server combo and the full 10.5.5 update.

I had the same on my iMac. should i install the combo (if i find it)?

8. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

The combo is just a large bundle of the previous updates plus 10.5.5, it wont hurt to install it

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads//macosx1055comboupdate.html

9. mtbdudex macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

I ran the 10.5.5 updater via apple software updater on my 24" iMac 2Ghz.

Downland went fine, installer script ran, re-boot started, then I got the "grey screen" and it froze, I let it sit for 30-45 minutes, thinking sometimes something firmware/etc is being done and I did not want to disturb if so.

Finally, I reached the back power on/off button and pushed it for 2 seconds and let go, upon shutdown/re-boot the grey screen was there 20 seconds, then the apple logo showed and I breathed a sigh, rest of start-up proceeded.

As of this morning everything working well.