10.5.5 update broke my HP printer

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Halcyon, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Halcyon macrumors 6502

Very unsual problem...when printing to my HP Laserjet 1300 From Illustrator CS3 the output is enlarged like 400%!!!

I installed the HP printer driver update, went back to the older version and the problem still persists. I tried the same on my second machine - which I have updated to 10.5.5 but not installed the HP Printer Drivers update - and the problem still is there.

What I just discovered is that it only happens when I choose any paper size other than the "Defined by Driver" option.

Any suggestions?

TIA

2. Cadium macrumors member

Try resetting the printing system. To do this, go to the Apple menu > System Preferences, click on Print & Fax, and then right click somewhere in the device list on the left hand side and click on "Reset printing system," if required type in your password and then click on OK to any security dialogs that come up.

3. Halcyon thread starter macrumors 6502

Tried that but the problem is still there. So far seems to be an Illustrator vrs. 10.5.5 issue, maybe it will pop up on other programs (maybe Photoshop) but I haven't got the time to test yet.

Found a circumvent that adds an extra step before printing but solves the problem..will have to use that till someone figures this out or an update fixes it.

Thanks.