10.5.6 and Time Capsule/Time Machine

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ks-man, Dec 15, 2008.

1. ks-man macrumors 6502a

One of the stated features of 10.5.6 is improved performance of TC and TM. I've got a TC and have switched off TM b/c it worked so poorly on my Macbook Air. After about a week I would find that my TM would get stuck and corrupted and cause TM to stall on preparing and then fail to load the drive and then proceed to knock down the wireless network.

Has anybody who was having problems with TC and TM in the past upgraded to 10.5.6 and seen improvements? I finally got my wireless network working alright and I'm not quite sure how convinced I am that TM will start working now.

Thanks.

2. anamznazn macrumors regular

anamznazn

No improvements here.

Matter of fact, I think it's getting worse. There's like a 1/5 chance of me having to restart the Time Capsule after trying to access the external harddrive connected to the Time Capsule. Sad....it's very sad.

Oh, and I left TM off for a whole week now. Very unreliable as well.

3. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

My Air and Time capsule work fine, even before the update. Backs up every time. Network has never dropped out. My last backup was a little while ago after the update, almost a GB and took hardly any time to do. I am all Wireless N though. My iPhones are not connected to the TC, they use the 3G I pay for. I see a 5MB per second transfer all the time.

4. ruselvis macrumors newbie

TM now working

For quite some time my TM hasn't been working - my MBP could mount the appropriate volume (USB drive connected to a networked iMac), but it didn't recognise the sparse bundle. I can't even remember now the circumstances under which it stopped and I haven't had the time to find a solution. Anyway, immediately after updating to 10.5.6, TM just started working!! It did an incremental backup to the existing backup, and I even confirmed that it could restore a file from the oldest backup. That is cool - and I hope it keeps working. Sorry to hear about other people's troubles.