10.5.6 problems with screensaver, dashboard, spaces, expose and more.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacBoobsPro, Dec 24, 2008.

1. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Has anyone else found that their screensaver system preferences pane crashes to the desktop when you try to access it?

Ever since I upgraded to 10.5.6 I have had this problem. My screensaver is now just a black screen and I can't change it because the preference pane crashes everytime. :mad:

Spaces, expose and dashboard seem to now only work when they want and its not very often.

I have reinstalled 10.5.6 using the combo update to see if that fixes things but it doesnt. I have been send all the crash reports to Apple.

This is REALLY getting me mad now!! :mad:

Im on a PMG5 dual 1.8. Never had any problems with it until 10.5.6 came along. I have an ATI X800XT could the update of the ATI stuff in 10.5.6 be causing all this crap? :mad:

I am reluctant to do a clean install because it will take me days to get all my apps back and how I have them set up now plus I don't think it will make the slightest bit of difference as the combo update hasn't.

Thanks.

2. Live Steam macrumors regular

Apple "It just works." Doesn't appear to apply here. I had similar problems and just bit the bullet and did an archive and restore. Most all of my apps were still there in the applications folder. All I had to do was re-activate some of them with their keys. It sucks and is work, but you probably don't have a choice.

3. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I am really losing faith in Apple these days. My MacBook is just problem after problem, my ATV is a temperamental little ****, the latest OSX update seems to create more problems than it fixes. I can't find a way to post a thread on their discussion forums to resolve these problems no matter how hard I look :confused: Safari 321 is a pile of poo, album artwork on my iPhone no longer displays properly :confused: and now all this crap with screensaver, dashboard etc.

For the first time ever I am now question Apple and its products!

I am one seriously hacked off guy right now.

Thanks for your response Live Steam.

4. robkat macrumors member

robkat

Upgrade

have installed 10.5.6 to my 20" Imac
    and have not encountered a single problem.
    Only new to Apple and I am seriously impressed.:)

5. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Mine's acting normally fine too and I haven't encounter any serious problem on my Macbook...I'm very happy about that.

To MacBoobsPro- Maybe take your computer to an Apple Retailer Store and have them look at it if your still under warranty? It's better than trying to solve it yourself for hours....It's worth the try :).

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yeah, my MBA was acting up and I sent 6-7 reports to Apple, then had a kernel panic and my temp went to 187ºF and my fans went to 6209rpms. AppleCare walked me through the repair process and it took 2 1/2 hours of phone time...:mad:

7. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Safari is slower if I launch it from the dock than from the menu bar.

8. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

well thats wut u get 4 using safari 321. its not the newest so just upgrade. 4.0 is what im using and have been for 3 months no problems at all. its not "out" yet but its free on ADC and is less buggy!