10.5.6 Update Causes Erratic Mouse Behavior on Wake From Sleep

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MrPDaddyHimself, Dec 24, 2008.

1. MrPDaddyHimself macrumors regular

MrPDaddyHimself

Anyone else experiencing the erratic mouse behavior on waking from sleep after the 10.5.6 update? My mouse freezes and then sporadically moves large distances, then freezes, etc. Keyboard does work though. I have tried resetting SMC, unplugging keyboard and mouse, fixing permissions and yet the problem still exists. This obviously was not an issue Pre Update. I'd like to know how many others are experiencing the same problem and if Apple is aware of the problem. Thanks!

2. sdixon747 macrumors newbie

I am having a similar problem. Installed 10.5.6 and now when it sleeps, nothing works. No mouse, no keyboard, no nothin'. :confused: I have to do a hard reboot to get anything to work. Then it's a real slow bootup. I feel like I am back on a Windows machine again. My temporary fix is to not let it sleep.

Is there a way to uninstall 10.5.6?????

I'm new to Mac. Does Apple usually respond quickly to bugs like this? Or do they just deny that there is a problem?

Thanks
    Steve
    Macbook Pro

3. kunze50 macrumors regular

Just to add something about the mouse behavior. I'v had a disappearing pointer since maybe 10.5.2 after the computer wakes. It occurs every other time. I have the screen saver set w/ hot corners on and found a temporary fix to re apply the screen saver and then move the mouse again. This may not be the same problem as the erratic mouse behavior that is happening.