10.5.6 update - external display no longer works, freezes computer

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by leverage7, Dec 18, 2008.

1. leverage7 macrumors newbie

I updated to 10.5.6 and now when I connect to my lcd tv via dvi -> hdmi the screen jumbles up and the computer just freezes to where I have to do a hard reboot. Anyone else have an issue like this? Fix? It is a MBP 2.4 core 2 duo santa rosa. Thanks in advance.

Ben

2. kolax macrumors G3

How about you give us some details on what Mac you have ;)

3. leverage7 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Can try moving the display preferences pertaining to the displays out of the preferences folder and restart, then see if it'll let you connect the display again for the first time.

Don't know if that would also include colorsync and the calibration also.

5. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

Well, on 10.5.4, I had an issue where Flash video would flicker and have white boxes and artifacts in playback. This was solved with 10.5.5, but it seems to have come back to some extent with 10.5.6. However, the flickers are not as bad as they were before, but they are still there. This is discouraging, since everything was perfect with 10.5.5.

6. leverage7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Where would this folder be? I couldn't find any preferences folder after searching.

Thanks.

7. qom macrumors member

As of 10.5.6 I've got this problem aswell. Have had it happen 2 or 3 times now, but doesn't occur every time I connect an external monitor

I have a Unibody MBP 2.4GHz

8. Natas1000 macrumors newbie

Natas1000

Same

I have the same problem. When I connect my 24" LCD w/DVI the system spins the pinwheel and I can't even bring up the force quit box. Have to hard reset to get back at it. Did the 10.5.6 Combo with no change in the end.

2.4 Black MacBook
    2g RAM