10.5.7 Update Screen problems!?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by skelaw, May 21, 2009.

1. skelaw macrumors member

OKay so yesterday night I updated my Mac Mini. This morning I wake up to see my entire desktop, blasted to the front. It's like it's set to a much lower(higher?) showing a lot more grain, everything is pumped to the front, it's just bleck! I can't even see the top bar to help turn my computer off/on, restart...etc... I've already tried to change resolution, but to no avail. That background was even the one I had before the update.

Here's a screenshot so you mac experts can give me a solution

[​IMG]

Thanks so much for all of your help!

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Not seeing anything unusual here. If you're referring to the size of the icons, you can drop that down from the View->View Options menu item. Changing the icon size or grid spacing may resolve the issue you seem to think you have.

3. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

Everything looks fine to me. What screen resolution are you running on your monitor? (what's the native resolution) and does it match what the Mac is set to display? Other than that, everything looks normal in the screenshot to me.

4. Crazoski macrumors newbie

Similar problem here. I have my mini connected to my 46" Sharp Aquos via a dvi to hdmi connector.
    With 10.5.6 I had it set to 1366x768. With the overscan off I had a two inch black border around it but with overscan on it fit the screen perfect with a beatiful progessive scan picture. At that time the "highest" reolution it offered was 1920x1080 interlaced (1080i), which looked like crap and overscan put my top menu bar and the bottom of my dock off my viewing area. With the overscan off I had a two inch black border and basically a 42" picture.
    Since the update I am no longer able to get my setting back. I'm stuck with overscan off and a black border or overscan on and losing 3/4" off the border of my screen.
    The update did however upgrade 1080i to 1080p and it is very clear.
    Since I mainly use the mini as a HTPC with Plex I toggle between overscan off for the computer and on for Plex. Kind of a pain.

5. skelaw thread starter macrumors member

That is VERY weird!

On my end, before doing a screenshot, I can't see the upper bar (like file,edit,etc), and everything is MUCH closer, and grainy. It is saying that I'm running 720p, and Just EVERYTHING is close up. It's very painful to the eyes.