10.5.8 and Safari 4.0.2

Discussion in 'macOS' started by egis, Aug 6, 2009.

1. egis macrumors member

I would like to update my computer with 10.5.8, but not update Safari.

As many of you may know the Citrix Mac Client for corporate remote access has not been updated since 4.x arrived and these Safari versions and the current published Citrix client access software pose a sever access issue. There also may be a problem with the latest Java update for Leopard.

I Need help on how to proceed...any suggestions are very much appreciated, and I am fairly fluent with Pacifist if that is a thought to be way to work around the install issue.

thanks

2. Halcyon macrumors 6502

This makes for an interesting and valid situation.

I'm still running the beta version of Safrai 4, simply because I like the tabs on top and I?ve performed some little hacks on it (found in this forum) to make my life easier :)

Now I would like to upgrade to 10.5.8 but not if this means that Safari will be automatically upgraded to the latest non-beta release.

Is there any way this can be avoided?

TIA

3. BobZune macrumors 6502a

10.5.8 WILL update Safari ot the latest status.

See http://michelf.com/projects/multi-safari/ (and other places) for help running multiple versions of Safari. Make a back up of 10.5.7 system so you can revert back if needed, then check out this method with 10.5.8 to see if it works for your use.

4. Halcyon macrumors 6502

Thanks BobZune, I followed the link you provided but it only pertains to earlier Safari 3, 2 and 1 versions.

Being that Safari uses Web KIt framework found within the OS (and it uses the latest version found), it seems that the only way would be to have 10.5.7 installed on a different partition...and even then, besides rebooting from one system to the other I don't see it working.

I'm still open for suggestions :)