10.5.8 Required?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carve, Jun 8, 2010.

1. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

Hi, I stumbled across some troubling bit of information on the apple site. It says "Mac specifications: Mac OS X v10.5.8" but I am only running 10.4.11. I know that I will be able to activate my iPhone 4 at the apple store but will I be able to sync my songs and videos to it?

Regards,
    carve

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

So you plan to spend several hundred dollars upgrading you iPhone, but you can't spend $25 upgrading your OS?

3. carve thread starter macrumors 6502a

carve

I have a five year old iBook G4. It is already slow enough and I don't really feel like making even slower.

carve

4. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Then you should call Apple and plan to stick with your current iPhone.

5. Pennine macrumors 6502

I have Tiger as well and was wondering the same thing
    I think that all the features wont be available such iphoto syncs location, face recognition, etc

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Hate to say it, but it looks like you may have to stick with your current phone.

7. carve thread starter macrumors 6502a

carve

Alright, so I called the local apple store and the sales person said that if I try to plug iPhone 4 into a computer running tiger it won't recognize it.

So, I am thinking that I will just buy the iPhone at the apple store and activate it there, then sign into my account on the phone and just redownload all of the apps that I want. I will probably be getting a new computer during the winter.

Carve

8. carve thread starter macrumors 6502a

carve

Sorry to bump this, but that would work right? Without being able to sync to my computer can I just sign into my iTunes account on the phone and download apps that I have already purchased/downloaded?

carve

9. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Leopard won't make it slower.

10. carve thread starter macrumors 6502a

carve

On the snow leopard page on mac it says "Requirements: Mac computer with an Intel processor"

11. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Yes, you'd have to get 10.5, not 10.6, from eBay or elsewhere.

But yeah, if you activate it at the apple store you can download apps fine w/ your account. If you are going to get a computer in the winter, just do that, as long as you can live without syncing your music for a while. Leopard disks are going for a pretty penny right now.

12. carve thread starter macrumors 6502a

carve

Thanks! Yeah, I can live without my music for a while. As long as I can get pandora/last.fm app redownloaded I will be fine :)

Thanks,
    Carve