Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tululahmoon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
Every time I try to install the latest version of leopard when the computer restarts it's self and it starts to "Configure installation", it freezes. I really don't think it should take OVER 12 hours to STILL be "Configuring". I called Apple, and the representative told me that I might need to install safari, but, it won't let me. Heh, I don't know what the problem is. I have an iMac G5 with 57.21 GB on my it. Does anyone know of any solution for this issue?:confused:

benben07

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2010
Australia
Have got any solution for this problem, installing the 10.5.8 software??
I have the same problem as well. Please let me know if you solved this problem already. thanks..

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
To both of you: What are you attempting to install from? If a disc, please describe it. If not, it's not gonna work, unless it's an update online, which should.

Tululahmoon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
It's an update from online, and it's still not letting me update at all! It just keeps freezing.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
It's an update from online,

Your title says you're trying to get to 10.5.8
So, do you have 10.5.7 installed now?
If not, and it's 10.5.6 or lower, but still 10.5.something, you need to download the 10.5.8 Combo Updater, which allows you to skip an update or two.

If you have 10.4.11 or lower, you can't update. You have to upgrade. Can't do that online. You need to purchase a disc.

Tululahmoon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
Your title says you're trying to get to 10.5.8
So, do you have 10.5.7 installed now?
If not, and it's 10.5.6 or lower, but still 10.5.something, you need to download the 10.5.8 Combo Updater, which allows you to skip an update or two.

If you have 10.4.11 or lower, you can't update. You have to upgrade. Can't do that online. You need to purchase a disc.

Yes, I have only 10.5 installed. It is the 10.5.8 combo update that keeps freezing when I restart, and it's supposed to configure. I don't know why it takes soo long to configure the installation. I really need it on my mac. It never gets past a certain point.

mrchinchilla

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2009
I've had this happen twice on the same machine, it always got stuck at the same place too. Odd. I would have to manually reboot it, and magically when I did so, it was running 10.5.8 although it hadn't officially finished the installation.

Tululahmoon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
I've had this happen twice on the same machine, it always got stuck at the same place too. Odd. I would have to manually reboot it, and magically when I did so, it was running 10.5.8 although it hadn't officially finished the installation.

Heh, at least I am not the only one...

Tululahmoon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
But, if you manually reboot, does it start up into 10.5.8? Or is it just not installing at all?

Nope, it does not install at all. I just don't know what to do. There has to be some kind of solution. I mean, it downloaded fine, but, when you restart the computer, and it starts to configure installation; it NEVER finishes!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.