10.5.8 vs 10.6.-

Discussion in 'macOS' started by vevierta, Aug 26, 2010.

1. vevierta macrumors newbie

Okay so I've been using snow leopard for a while now, and it's great. Much faster than leopard was, but I noticed some weird things a while back after upgrading from leopard...

Running on a late 2008 Aluminum MACBOOK CE

First, when I booted up in leopard, after the apple logo, but before the log in screen, I got these two bars that appeared on the screen for about 3 seconds. It always went away, and has ceased to appear after the upgrade...Does anyone know what this was? It almost seemed to be a graphical glitch, but never remained for more than 2 seconds.

The screen in snow leopard seems to be much more crisp, and clear. The screen on leopard seemed to be more faint, without as much depth to the colour. Considering Snow Leopard uses the integrated graphics chip on my computer throughout its operating environment, even with no graphic intensive applications running, would this in anyway decrease the life of my computers innards?

I'm scared to sleep with my computer on anymore because I feel like im living the movie 'inception'. MY DREAMS ARE BEING MONITORED BY MY COMPUTER!

2. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

Difference in appearance of some images could be explained by the different default gamma setting in Snow Leopard. See here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3712

Can't help with the boot-up glitch.

If you feel that you're living in Inception, you probably are.......

3. vevierta thread starter macrumors newbie

4. zeemeerman2 macrumors 6502

System Preferences > Displays > Color.

In Snow Leopard, you default Gamma is 2.2. In Leopard, it's default 1.8.

You can still calibrate it if you want to set it back to 1.8, or even a custom setting. Enjoy the options! :)