10.5 Apps

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Liam_89, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Liam_89 macrumors member

Liam_89

Hey,
    Just received my 10.5 upgrading from 9.7 pro,
    I have reinstalled most of the apps I usually had on my 9.7,
    It seems like Facebook, YouTube etc... aren't as sharp anymore and like they're trying to fit the screen,
    They don't look iPad native like on my 9.7
    Is this just until the app developers release an update for the new 10.5 resolution or are we stuck with this ?
    Thanks

2. JD2015 macrumors 6502

Will be down to App developers to release an update.

3. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68020

Yeah I was also wondering whether app developers would try to make apps to take advantage of the extra real estate. Or if they will just have the same apps as that of the 9.7 model.

4. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68030

PBG4 Dude

Not too many apps were updated for the 12.9" screen either, other than apps designed to work with the Pencil.

5. Liam_89 thread starter macrumors member

Liam_89

Hope they do update them, it's not that big of a deal but rather disappointing

6. DNichter macrumors 604

DNichter

This was the issue I had with the 12.9. I am hoping with the multiple sizes, many of them take advantage of resolution independence and update their apps. Very frustrating to me.

7. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68030

PBG4 Dude

Well, when people complain about paying $5 for an app, then want free support forever, it's a bit of a hard sell, unless the app is in one of the top 10 lists.

8. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

Congratulations...you discovered one pitfall which Apple never discloses.

Now I know that isn't Apple's responsibility to address, but it's stuff like this...which is why I'm in a no rush to get mine just yet.

It will get better...but it's been 1.5 years since introduction of the Pro and Apple has made no push to the app writers to get off their butts.

What I will blame Apple for however is their unwillingness to overhaul the App Store to better promote more powerful apps and revenue for their partners.