10.5 dosn't like cybershot

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cantthinkofone, Dec 29, 2007.

1. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

i got a sony cyber shot for christmas. out of the 3 macs in our house the only one that will work with the camera is my dad's mbp running tiger. our powermac G5, and my ibook both have leopard and they both just sit there doing nothing when you connect the camera.

is anybody else having this problem? my mom has a older cybershot(~1 year) and it works just fine. I have tried different memory sticks and it still doesn't work.

its a cybershot DSC-W80 if that helps. i would call sony but im sure they would say its a software issue, and apple would say its a camera issue.

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

do you have iphoto or image capture set up to open when a camera is attached? check out their preferences.

3. cantthinkofone thread starter macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

i don't have iphoto, and image capture just sits there trying to find the camera.

I wish 10.5.2 would hurry up and get here :(

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

does it come with a drivers cd? this amazon discussions page shows users having problems with this camera and Mac OS X but a user at the bottom reports:

there must be an app on a cd where you can change the settings to pictbridge?

5. cantthinkofone thread starter macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

ok i got it to work with image capture. kinda slow tho :confused:

there is a home button on the camera that takes you to the system settings. I usually just plug the camera in and go to the folder on the camera and get the pictures, or delete them to save time. This will work for now.

Thanks for the find!