Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
3 days ago I have begun syncing in the Apple Cloud w all my devices, and on same day, updated to ios12 on my 10.5” iPad Pro. If I keep the 10.5” iPad Pro plugged into the electrical outlet while using the device to watch Periscope broadcasts, why does it keep running down to 5-10%? I must quit the device and come back later.

Pared down my 10.5” iPad Pro settings to bare minimum.

Today I got 4-5 hours use (web surfing, Periscope), then the warnings.

I don’t remember this happening with iOS 11. Is this iOS 12, or is it combined with constant data syncing w the cloud? Or am I wrong that it wasn’t happening w iOS 11?

BB1970

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2009
3 days ago I have begun syncing in the Apple Cloud w all my devices, and on same day, updated to ios12 on my 10.5” iPad Pro. If I keep the 10.5” iPad Pro plugged into the electrical outlet while using the device to watch Periscope broadcasts, why does it keep running down to 5-10%? I must quit the device and come back later.

I don’t remember this happening with iOS 11. Is this iOS 12, or is it combined with constant data syncing w the cloud? Or am I wrong that it wasn’t happening w iOS 11?

It’s funny you mention it because just today my iPad ran much shorter on battery than it used to.
I wasn’t watching the usage because I wasn’t expecting it, and suddenly my iPad shut off.
I don’t even recall seeing the battery warning beforehand either. Strange.
I’ll keep monitoring.

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN

For the first time I have begun syncing all data (chose 2TB) in the Apple cloud. That was the issue. It TOOK ALMOST THREE DAYS to sync all my devices w the cloud. You cannot tell it is happening gradually, only if something shows up. But the battery was being drained by the WIFI constant syncing of 256 GB data on the iPad Pro, which was a part of the three day syncing process.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.