10.5 Leopard Won't Install

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Watermonkey, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Watermonkey macrumors member

Watermonkey

I don't know if this is the place for this, but I'll tell you here anyway. My new hard drive is:220 GIG:
    Capacity: 220 GB
    Available: 104.31 GB
    Writable: Yes
    File System: Journaled HFS+
    BSD Name: disk0s1
    Mount Point: /
    WINDOZ:
    Capacity: 78.09 GB
    Available: 78.07 GB
    Writable: Yes
    File System: MS-DOS FAT32
    BSD Name: disk0s2
    Mount Point: /Volumes/WINDOZ

So after installing the new Hard Drive I thought maybe it'd be nice to upgrade the OS. So I've got this DVD for OS X Leopard. Its says Upgrade DVD Version 10.5 2Z691-6039-A. Came with a booklet that goes over the main points of the new OS compared with Tiger. When I go to restart the computer, a MBP 2.33 with 17" and 2GB RAM, the computer begins to start up normally, but when it begins to boot off the DVD, the monitor backlight turns off. Then the fun begins, the preferred language screen comes up (I know because I've got a flashlight pointed at the screen), and the next couple screens pop up with prompting, but when I go to select the drive to install the new OS on neither drive has a green arrow, they're both red. Now I partitioned about 80 GB as FAT32 in anticipation of installing Windoz there, so I don't expect to be able to install there, but the other drive, as pasted above from my system preferences panel, is HFS+ Journaled, just like the old drive is. The error that comes back is the software is looking for GUID formatted drive, whatever that means. Anyone know the solution for this install?

2. McGiord, Feb 10, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

The GUID Partition Table is the one used for Intel Macs.

Maybe you need to update the firmware first.
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.5/en/11902.html

Also check this:
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106235
    ________
    one vaporizer reviews

3. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

do you have Tiger installed? if not, then that could be your problem since your Leopard disk is an upgrade disk