10.5 + New Macbook + 10/26

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by redlandmover, Oct 17, 2007.

1. redlandmover macrumors newbie

Hey guys, just a quick question:

I need a need macbook and i have a question. If i buy my macbook on (lets just pick a random date....) 10/26 :) , will my macbook have 10.5 on it? Or will i get a disc when i buy the macbook? Or, will i be screwed and get 10.4 on the MB and have to get 10.5 on my own (either with Up to Date, or with $$$)? anyone know what its like buying a machine on OS launch date?? I know, really specific, but any help would be awesome (i already talked with a guy at the apple store, and he had no idea).

Thanks a billion

2. mroseneo macrumors member

If you buy your macbook on the 26th at an Apple store, chances are that they may be handing you a free upgrade disk with your puchase. The employee may not know until the 26th because a lot of the time Apple doesn't even put out the information to its employees.

However, no matter where you purchase the Macbook, you will be able to get an upgrade disk in the mail for $9.99 plus tax. This is if you purchased your mac after October 1. Even if you buy it now, you will get that upgrade disk.

Actually as I see on the Apple Website, if you go buy the Macbook now, you can order the Leopard disk with deliver on the 26th. Maybe that would be the best bet as the Apple store may not have the disks.

Well its really up to you. I could't wait and bought my Macbook a few months ago. Now I had to order Leopard at full price.

Anyways, good luck.