10.6.1 and Spaces animations still sloooooowwww!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cubedweller, Sep 10, 2009.

1. cubedweller macrumors 6502

In fact everything is running more much slowly since updating. WTF.

Good job Apple! :mad:

EDIT: This is the worst update I've ever experienced from Apple. EVERYTHING is slower. Expose now runs like **** when it worked perfectly before. Spaces is extremely choppy. Quicksilver opens up with visible lag. The whole OS feels a ton slower. This is absolutely ridiculous.

2. Amdahl macrumors 65816

What did you expect? 10.x.1 update is only a serious bug release. 10.x.2 is the first one that has any real meat to it. 10.x.4 if you want smooth sailing.

3. cubedweller thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea, I really should have known. But I'm still disappointed. It worked better, albeit still not perfectly, before the point update. I'm bringing it into Apple anyway because I want them to check out my ailing SuperDrive and I might as well complain while I'm there.

4. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

At least Airport seems to have been fixed. :rolleyes:
    Gawd that was getting annoying. :mad:

Edit: I notice when I boot into 64 bit mode that spaces seems choppy. In 32 bit mode its smooth as butter.

5. nutman macrumors regular

did you do a clean install? i wasn't too impressed with the upgrade the snow leopard disk defaults with, but afterward, i did a clean install and it is definitely faster than leopard.

6. cubedweller thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea, I went the lazy/upgrade route. I'm going to be doing a clean install either tonight or tomorrow morning -- my SuperDrive is on order and then my MBP will go back to the Apple Store. :rolleyes:

7. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

I don't see any speed degradation in Expose' or Spaces. 10.6.1 is fine for me.

Some of you guys must've bought some real lemons.

8. Amdahl macrumors 65816

No, Apples actually.

9. sputacus macrumors regular

I had smooth sailing with 10.6 - I still have it with 10.6.1. But I will hold onto my 10.5.8 clone for just a little while longer...:D