Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dreadthis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Did 10.6.2 fix a lot of the issues with the Adobe CS4 suite? I'm still on 10.5.8 and I'm looking into updating here soon.

The ArchAngel

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2008
I am not and have not had issues with CS4 on SL.

Same here. I have not had any issues running CS4 on 10.6.0, 10.6.1, or 10.6.2. I wouldn't consider myself a CS4 power user, but I do spent 5-7 hours a week using Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.

stevemiller

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
i tended to notice the problems more with memory intensive stuff like after effects and final cut renders. worries me that nobody else seems to have reported the degree of slowdown that i was experiencing (on a fresh install no less), so i'm worried it won't be a priority in apple/adobe updates. i had to roll back to leopard to resolve the issue myself, but i hope to give snow leopard a try again after a few more point updates to see if it plays any nicer on my system.

good luck!

dreadthis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Thanks guys! I haven't had any major issues since the upgrade! *knocks on wood*

natteaap

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2008
dzjeezis, you guys are so lucky. I'm working on a MP 2009 8core. Upgraded to Snowleopard and since then my CS4 has been working like a windows app. It starts up in 18 minutes. I am not kidding, I timed it. I did a clean install of a new download from adobe's site, no luck. It still boots in 18 minutes (sometimes more) and every action that I do gives me the beachball for 5 seconds. Every action, from opening a file to selecting a layer.
So I am very happy for you that your's work like a charm, mine is broken. I am definitely downgrading. Since my printer, my scanner, my CS4, my Logic Pro and several other apps are not working properly or not at all, and since I don't notice speed improvements under the hood, I'm rolling back. The really bitter part of it is that timemachine isn't working as well and you cant simply perform a rollback but you have to do a clean installation. With a format.

Guess I'm F-worded and you're not. Must be my lucky charm.

natteaap

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2008
I mean...have you troubleshot other things? Sounds like something else is amiss... :confused:

I'd love to, but how do I troubleshoot things like memory usage, graphic card etc ... are there apps that you can use to check out those things, actions that i can perform. Okay, you don't have to list them up, if you provide me with links, I can find my way.

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.