Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mogens

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2010
I've had some disk errors (Missing thread record) on the 2GB drive in my Imac i7. After repairing with Diskwarrior the problem reoccurred after a few days.
I did bad block test and everything was OK, so I was thinking it maybe was the OS (10.6.2) causing the error.
I DL the 10.6.2 combo update,to do a reinstall but the installer won't let me install "Mac OS X Update Combined can't be installed on this disk. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update" -any suggestions?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I DL the 10.6.2 combo update,to do a reinstall but the installer won't let me install "Mac OS X Update Combined can't be installed on this disk. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update" -any suggestions?
The build of 10.6.2 included with your iMac is newer than the combo update. You can be pretty confident the OS isn't causing your problem, but you could always reinstall from the included DVD.

Raima

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2010
It would seem to suggest there is a drive error. Best to back it up and get it replaced under warranty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.