Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

farmermac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
Iowa
At least one bug got fixed with this latest update..

I can print from my MBP on the printers on my imac. worked in leopard, but 10.6 killed printer sharing. I could see the printers on the remote computers, but error came up about proper credentials no matter what I tried.

Woot. Finally !

Amdahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2004
At least one bug got fixed with this latest update..

I can print from my MBP on the printers on my imac. worked in leopard, but 10.6 killed printer sharing. I could see the printers on the remote computers, but error came up about proper credentials no matter what I tried.

Woot. Finally !

Ya, so I guess you figured out what you were doing wrong. Cuz there are no problems in 10.6 or 10.6.1, OR 10.6.2. So I hear. :rolleyes:

farmermac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
Iowa
Ya, so I guess you figured out what you were doing wrong. Cuz there are no problems in 10.6 or 10.6.1, OR 10.6.2. So I hear. :rolleyes:

Funny, but no. Ive stumbled onto a couple of lenghty threads with people having the same problem since SL. Reinstalling printers, enabling/disabling, etc. Felt like I was back in Windows trying to fix problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.