10.6.2 Less Snappy....

Discussion in 'macOS' started by xanadeath, Nov 10, 2009.

1. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

When turning on the computer (from a completely off state) it takes very long to get all my log-in apps started. Safari pages don't just appear anymore, there is actually some loading time.... some apps just aren't as snappy....

Is this happening to anyone else?

Xanadeath

2. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

was slow on first boot, but just as good after that.

3. yuanmoons macrumors 6502

i know this sounds like a typical IT support response (im not in IT or support) but i found restarting a few times seems to speed things up. The same thing happened when i first installed snow leopard.... have no idea why this works but it did for me.

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

This is due to the way Mac OS X handles restarting. The first boot after shutting the computer down completely (a so-called cold boot) will be slower than subsequent restarts after that point, because the boot caches Mac OS X uses to speed boot time will be populated fully on the second reboot.

5. NEBaghead macrumors member

NEBaghead

I usually clear caches in Onyx and reboot twice and boot times will speed back up. Also, repairing permissions also needs to be done on a regular basis, especially after an OS update.

6. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

are you serious? you boot your mac several times just to get the boot time speed back up?!?!