10.6.2- screwed up your sound?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Ruahrc, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Ruahrc macrumors 65816

I have a MBP 13". I updated it to 10.6.2 a while back and ever since I have had a strange problem with my sound settings.

Previously, there was some kind of auto-detection going on where when I plugged in my MBP's headphone jack to external speakers I could adjust the volume all the way up to max. If I unplugged the speakers and play from the internal speakers I would turn it down to about 1/4 volume. The computer seemed to remember the volume settings for both scenarios and applied them appropriately when I plugged in/unplugged the speakers.

On 10.6.2, it seems to work only one way. For example, I can have the volume down to about 1/4 on the internal speakers, and when I plug in the external speakers the volume level goes up to the max. But when I unplug the speakers and go back to the internal speakers, the volume stays at 100% max. This is annoying because if I forget to turn it down after unplugging, the next sound that comes from my computer blasts out of the internal speakers.

Does this happen to you? I tried resetting the computer, trashing the sound prefpane, neither worked.

Any ideas?

Ruahrc

2. andresaic1234 macrumors newbie

volume icon on menu

¿does your volume icon appear in the menu bar?
    if it doesn't or something weird with it email me to andresaic@hotmail.com