Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elgrecomac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
San Diego
Well, up to now I have been generally pleased with Apples releases 10.5.3 to 10.6. But with 10.6.2 I have the spinning wheel of death and system stalls on a regular basis. And I have had to restart my computer daily. I have 4 gb of RAM and lots of disk space on a 2008 MBP. It happens when running itunes, Firefox and other apps. This, in my experience, has been so un-Apple. Is 10.6.2 a junior Vista in the making?

I have noticed other threads about 10.6.1 but 10.6.2 is just a ****** release. come on Apple. I thought you were better than that.

:confused:

Corrode

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2008
Calgary, AB
There are many threads about venting your hate about all releases of 10.6 so I suggest you do it there. For many, many people, 10.6.x has not been a (insert expletive here) release.

Perhaps asking for help with specific issue would do you more good than just starting a new thread about an old topic and posting nothing but your own negative opinion. In the interwebz world, this is considered "trolling".

elgrecomac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
San Diego
w.ell..

There are many threads about venting your hate about all releases of 10.6 so I suggest you do it there. For many, many people, 10.6.x has not been a (insert expletive here) release.

Perhaps asking for help with specific issue would do you more good than just starting a new thread about an old topic and posting nothing but your own negative opinion. In the interwebz world, this is considered "trolling".

Unfortunately the problem is systemic so to ask for a fix is futile. This is QA issue with regards to Apple. As for 'trolling', well, maybe guilty as charged but less guilty than Apple's QA department.:eek:

multimania

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2007
Unfortunately the problem is systemic so to ask for a fix is futile. This is QA issue with regards to Apple. As for 'trolling', well, maybe guilty as charged but less guilty than Apple's QA department.:eek:

Agreed, my MacPro is half the machine it was, and I haven't the time to reinstall!

n20nine

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2008
agree with you all about SL. Try Onyx to solve your problems. Worked well for me. Also Safari is a pain and coupled with flash is a disaster. Try the new Firefox 3.6 beta 4 and remove flash from your computer and install the new flash 10.1, worked well for me.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Intall FlashBlock for Firefox, click2flash for Safari. Flash can seriously be a pain and cause some of teh spinning wheel.

SimonMW

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
I didn't used to have any problems with SL until the 10.6.2 update which killed my Matrox MXO. So I downgraded to 10.6.1 again and everything is stable again... apart from recurring spinning beachballs, which I never had a problem with previously.

I have now run Snow Leopard Cache Cleaner and so far things seem better. But I haven't grilled the system with FCP, Motion and Photoshop all running yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.