10.6.3 dvi/HDMI Wake From Sleep issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by strangelogic, Mar 30, 2010.

1. strangelogic macrumors regular

I have the 'dreaded' LG L246WP connected to my early 2009 mac pro via DVI to HDMI cable. Settings have always been weird on this configuration because OSX doesn't recognize the 1920x1200 native resolution unless I select 'overscan' ...

Now with 10.6.3 it boots up fine with the settings I've been using for over a year. However, I let my monitor go to sleep, and when it wakes up the screen is totally off-center to the left.

Also, in the preferences panel for the display, sometimes the available resolutions 'disappear' as I click them... (the value of the item in the list changes from say 1600X1200 to 0x0).

I called :apple: and opened a support ticket. Their suggestion was to re-install 10.6 ....

This may be the straw that breaks the LG's back.... Problem is now I have to research new monitors!

So much for 'it just works' ....

2. cleric macrumors 6502a

cleric

Something changed on the Early 09' Mac Pro in 10.6.3. I suspect they changed something related to the HDCP since my friends Pro connected to a Sony 40" (DVI to HDMI) now seems to think it is getting audio over HDMI and won't recognize the analog audio in (3.5mm line to 2 RCA plugs)

3. jude333 macrumors newbie

same exact problem as your friend, cleric.

Please post the solution here if your friend solves it.

here is my post at the Apple support Forums:

"hook to a Sony Bravia using dvi to hdmi with a seperate audio cable.

worked great until the update to 10.6.3.

TV says "unsupported audio" is being received.

I checked the sound settings and the line out is correct.

if i remove the hdmi from the tv while the Mac Pro is on, I can hear the sound from the comp through the TV as i used to before the update. Sound goes away again once i plug in the HDMI.

Is the Tv somehow being told by my Mac that there is audio coming through the HDMI and therefore disregarding the real audio output.

any help is really appreciated."

Thanks