10.6.3 release date?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by RobertVJ, Feb 25, 2010.

1. RobertVJ macrumors newbie

I've had the DVD of 10.6 sitting on my desk since September. When it comes to a new OS I don't want to be anywhere near the bleeding edge (currently on 10.5.8). My computer is a Mac Pro purchased last June which came with 10.5.6 pre-installed and have moved to 10.5.8 using software updates. It is rock solid.

I will be upgrading when 10.6.3 comes out (DVD to 10.6 and combo to 10.6.3); I will not do a clean install since I have too many apps and reconfiguring would be an enormous hassle. Luckily I use SuperDuper and have two clones of my HD (just in case).

Any rumors about when 10.6.3 will be released?

2. mreg376 macrumors 6502a

And the rumors help you how?

3. RobertVJ thread starter macrumors newbie

Sort of like scratching an itch. :)

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Will you be the first in line at the Apple Store? I go to Mayfair or Bayshore, but there's one out in Brookfield somewhere that would be closer to your "second home".

5. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

What is wrong with 10.6.2? Hardly any bugs. Or is it just curiosity?

6. RobertVJ thread starter macrumors newbie

I already have the DVD for 10.6 and, I prefer the Apple store on Michigan Avenue in Chicago (my first home).;)

Have lived with Mac's from OS 1.1. When they released 10.0 it was a mess. I've found out the hard way that under the various 10's, until you see 10.x.3/4 there are issues. Also it often takes independent application developers 6 to 10 months to get their bugs out. I will likely pull the trigger on 10.6.3

7. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I only say hardly that because if I said no bugs (i have had no problems) it's guaranteed that someone will post saying they have had loads.

8. RobertVJ thread starter macrumors newbie

Didn't mean to pick on you. When it comes to software I'm paranoid. How paranoid you might ask. I have a 1T HD on my Mac Pro and use about 35G (I purge weekly to avoid clutter on the HD). I have a second 1T HD which is a bootable clone of the first and a third 1T HD which is a bootable clone of the second. I also use an off-site backup service called IBackup that has a great client for the Mac and I use to backup everything but my OS and applications I have on DVD.

One last note, in one of my previous lives I spent a Friday 4:00 PM through Monday at 3:00 AM restoring a system image after what was supposed to be a "routine" update to a DEC VAX-11 780 cluster went very wrong. :eek: