10.6.4 Mail Bug

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bucharoo1, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Bucharoo1 macrumors member

Bucharoo1

This is a small but irritating Mail BUG!
    When addressing an email, I type a few letters and the app takes the hints and suggests some addressES. Mine is suggesting old addresses for someone who has changed their address. I have deleted the useless old address and entered the new one(s) IN ADDRESSBOOK and it continues to offer dead ones even though I have deleted all references to them. I have done a search (AddressBook and the HD) for the bogus email address and get nothing. This evil machine is pulling them out of its ass!
    I'm moving along fast, and do not always make certain each address is not an old dead one and soon get the mail back as undeliverable, after missing the opportunity to get important, TIMELY, INFO OUT THERE.

Small thing causing BIG PROBLEMS (sometimes)

ANYONE SEEN THIS?

CDOG

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

This isn't a bug. There's an option in one of the menus to show "Previous Recipients" or something(not at a Mac at the moment), and you can delete them there.

3. wandal macrumors newbie

Yes. You have all of the addresses you mailed to, listed in Windows > Previous Recipients. There you should tweak.

Mail prioritize the last addresses you use, so you may have the obsolete ones on the bottom.

4. Bucharoo1 thread starter macrumors member

Bucharoo1

Never (k)new!

using apple for 25+ years and did not know that.
    not enough hours in a day.
    thanks,
    cdog

5. danny_w macrumors 601

Thanks! I never knew that either, and always wondered where Mail was getting all those old addresses that had been removed from my Address Book. Now I know!