10.6.4 update on macbookpro 17" unibody late 2009

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cavanboy18, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Cavanboy18 macrumors regular

I have to say everything looks much crisper. apple Nvidia, and Steam/Valve are working very closely on drivers for the mac for performance updates. there was a slight performance boost with this recent release. Valve has said there are Drivers being worked on to Increase performance on GPU's for the mac coming down the pipeline but no time frame has been given. i am excited my picture desktop that i have over 1100+ photos and image's it cycles through looks much crisper to my eyes? i am glad the drivers are finally being improved :) any one els see performance +'s around their mac's since 10.6.4?

2. danistyping macrumors regular

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

I don't think it's anything related to the update as the release did not outline any improvements done to video drivers.

4. Cavanboy18 thread starter macrumors regular

read around you will see where it talks about slight performance updates. ill see if i can pull up the articles and post them

5. FotoDirk macrumors member

I just played the same game on the net after installing 10.6.4 and it is just running way faster then before. I cannot follow the action anymore.

Don't know what it is yet. But after testing 2/3 other games. I'm confident that something is boosted.

Maybe only now the full power of Safari 5 is unleashed.

Have to see if I can find it as well in other apps then stuff in Safari.