10.6.7 Battery Perfomance?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by shneady, Mar 27, 2011.

1. shneady macrumors member

Is anybody else noticing worse battery performance after installing 10.6.7? I know I am. I wish I could break it down to an exact science, but I want to say it feels like my battery is dying about 30% faster than usual after the update. I have an early 2009 white macbook using the original battery. It's been a solid battery so far, and I don't think it's the battery all of a sudden, it's just too drastic of a change too quick.

I also agree with dude from the other thread that 10.6.7 has also slowed down my computer a tad as well. Programs feel like they load a little slower, my shut down time feels the same as usual but my boot up time is slower. I want to say it's about 5-6 seconds slower to boot than usual... Any thoughts or same situations? Please share. Maybe there are solutions, or we can all vent together until the next update... Still love :apple: though :) my macbook still runs circles around modern pc's running Win7.

2. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

Yeah, on my iMac too! :eek:

;)

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I'll have to test mine, since I usually keep it hooked up to AC. have you tried the standard fixes: repair disk permissions, clean your cache, etc.

4. Tuaregue macrumors newbie

I have the same problem, but I made a clean install and then I update to 10.6.7.