10.6.7 bugs "Illuminate keyboard in low light conditions"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gdon2050, Apr 6, 2011.

1. gdon2050 macrumors newbie

After I update to 10.6.7, my backlight keyboard from my MBP, make problems.

So, I enter on System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard and then I deactivate "Illuminate keyboard in low light conditions". After this I use the manual commands from F8, F9, F10. When I use manual, the "Illuminate keyboard in low light conditions" active again.

Conclusion: even when I use manual commands for keyboard illumination, that option activate only. Any key I press when that option is not active, it`s activating only.

So I think that a bug...

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you deactivate the functionality and then try to turn the functionality back on with the keyboard commands, how is that a bug?

3. digitalfx macrumors 6502a

digitalfx

its a bug. Turning on the lights manually should NOT activate that function.

My lights turn off and require me to push F6/F7 evcerytime the screen sleeps...a bug.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It doesn't look like a bug; it looks like it's been deliberately made that way. Note that turning the light off manually results in the option turning itself back off again; it looks like a deliberate choice.

Having said that, I don't think it's a *good* choice, but I don't think it's technically a bug.

5. digitalfx macrumors 6502a

digitalfx

call it what you want, its a problem. My previous MBPro did not have this problem.

6. mediasorcerer macrumors regular

google "labtick" and download it,it removes apples automatic override sensor,and allows you to keep backlight on or adjust it,in any light condition,try preferences check,and repair too,the backlight is weird on macbooks,the way it works is well dodgy the options etc.