10.6.7 Update - Slower boot and shutdown! (2011 MBP)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by T.Cee, Apr 2, 2011.

1. T.Cee macrumors newbie

T.Cee

After installing the update I have noticed that both startup and shutdown times are much longer than before!

Before Update
    Startup - 25-30 seconds
    Shutdown - 3 seconds

After Update
    Startup - 35-40 seconds
    Shutdown - 5 seconds

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if this is an individual problem.

Im also wondering if this could be due to: me installing parallels, as after bootup there are a few parallels related things in the console log.
    or
    could it just be due to my general use of the computer over time. and loading a bunch of software onto the hard-drive? (Im just guessing here)

I also found that there have been reports that the 10.6.7 update has slowed boot-times of macbook airs but couldnt find any reports relating to the new MBPs.

Any advice on how I can get startup and shutdown times back to what they were before would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

2. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Automatic login set under system preferences - user accounts - login options speeds things up. You can also try repairing permissions and resetting your PRAM. The more login item you have the slower the boot process. You can also disable login items in this same menu.