10.6.7 won't install!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by HEB, Apr 3, 2011.

1. HEB macrumors member

so, i clicked software update, and, after waiting patiently at my computer for 2 hours, a popup came up at the end of the update saying something along the lines of 'Mac OS X can't connect to the internet. Make sure you have a connection and retry.

WTF?! I was in google chrome in the background of the update, browsing facebook and song lyrics. My internet connection was fine!

Has this happened to anyone else? I need help :(

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...as usual, whenever there are problems with software update, just try downloading the update (or combo if needed) from Apple and try installing that way...oh yeah!

10.6.7 update
    10.6.7 combo update

3. HEB thread starter macrumors member

what's the difference between the two?

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

10.6.7 Delta Update - (same as the one you get in "Software Update") and will update from 10.6.6 to 10.6.7.

10.6.7 Combo Update - will update any 10.6.1 Snow Leopard straight to 10.6.7 . Using the "Combo Update" will traditionally solve any bad updates you get from a Delta Update or other problems that show up during an update.

The saying is a Delta update will just "Update" a file. A "Combo Update" will replace the file that needs updating. Just keep that saying in you head.