10.6.8 Display Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RIPNHL2005, Jun 28, 2011.

1. RIPNHL2005 macrumors member

After updating to 10.6.8 on my MBP I have 1 issue I've noticed.

When I hit F1 to turn display off so screen is not showing while at work, after a few minutes the screen comes back on by itself as if I hit the F2 key once, but if I try to use the screen it goes back to login prompt as if it were asleep and screen was still black.

This is annoying since I don't want display showing up all the time and wondered if anyone else has this issue?

Thanks

2. VoKuHiLa Guest

I've got the same issue.

But until now, I wasn't able to find a solution for this problem.

3. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

Interesting only thing i have noticed is my Mac seems to be turning its brightness up. Turn my brightness way down (Off ish) and it slowly turns itself back up. Haven't been bothered to setup any shortcuts to turning the screen off yet so yeah ;)

4. jordanwar macrumors member

jordanwar

go to energysaver and change display sleep and computer sleep to never.
    this way the screen is not turning on automatically when you hit f1 to make it sleep. only fix right now

5. VoKuHiLa Guest

Has somebody found a solution for our problem?

6. nickcao macrumors member

7. VoKuHiLa Guest

So sad, but i don't use gfxCardStatus. I got a 13" MacBook Pro.

The problem ist the same, when i create and login with a new user.

8. nickcao macrumors member

so its a 10.6.8 bug? any1 has try to down to 10.6.7 to see if still have the problem yet?

9. VoKuHiLa Guest

No, sorry. But the problem came up with the Update 10.6.8.

I changed nothing else.

10. dkhanley macrumors newbie

I am having the same issue.

But in addition to this issue, after the 10.6.8 update when I use the expose to put my display to sleep (top right corner) the display wouldn't come back on after about 2 or three times in a row of doing this, but the keyboard lights up. I have to shut the lid, let it sleep, and pray my display comes back on and or push the power button, etc. to try to get the screen to come back on.

I was also experiencing battery life issues after the update to 10.6.8 but I found out the problem was a conflict with Parallels 6 and the Windows Applications folder.

Here is the thread I started on this: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1187192

11. Ceebee1980 macrumors regular

I noticed this problem in March on my 2011 mbp - forget what version of 10.6.x was out, but it predates 10.6.8...

12. noSpeed macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem. Has anybody found a fix yet?