Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macbookpro09

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Has anyone upgraded from Snow Leopard 10.6.8 to Mavericks? I'm thinking about making the upgrade but am not sure if it's worth it. I've never upgraded my OS and figured I'd get some second opinions.

What would you do? Will I run in to any issues during the upgrade? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Macbookpro09

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
If your machine is on this list from Apple it will work. Take a look at the new features in Mavericks and decide if anything there appeals to you.

Make sure you have a backup before you upgrade.

The only new features that strike my eye is the Advanced Technologies.

Have you noticed a difference in your computer's performance since upgrading?

----------

One of my fears of upgrading to Mavericks is the affect it will have on my mid-2009 Macbook Pro's battery. I've never replaced the battery and it's already not holding a good charge. I'm afraid updating to Mavericks will make my battery hold even less of a charge.

Thoughts or experience with this?

ufkdo

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2010
Turkey
The only new features that strike my eye is the Advanced Technologies.

Have you noticed a difference in your computer's performance since upgrading?

----------

One of my fears of upgrading to Mavericks is the affect it will have on my mid-2009 Macbook Pro's battery. I've never replaced the battery and it's already not holding a good charge. I'm afraid updating to Mavericks will make my battery hold even less of a charge.

I upgraded my 2010 MBA from SL directly to Mavericks. Actually battery performance has improved. I see an increase up to 1 hour on single charge which is great. The computer runs almost as fast as SL (I say almost because sometimes animations are slow and sluggish).

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
]One of my fears of upgrading to Mavericks is the affect it will have on my mid-2009 Macbook Pro's battery. I've never replaced the battery and it's already not holding a good charge. I'm afraid updating to Mavericks will make my battery hold even less of a charge.

I upgraded my 2013 MBA and don't really notice a speed differences either way.

Mavs does have better power management, so I certainly can't see it making your battery life worse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.