10.6.8 update & Self-Assigned IP issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tdziewit, Jun 25, 2011.

1. tdziewit macrumors newbie

Anyone else having issues after installing 10.6.8 with their Ethernet and a Self-Assigned IP?

I have a MacPro and the internal airport card connection works.

I have tried: restarting, rebooting the AirPort Extreme, restoring the AirPort extreme, renewing DHCP lease, repairing permissions, and installing the 10.6.8 combo update... but no help

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help

2. usarioclave macrumors 65816

Same here, no idea. Core i7 27" imac 1st gen.

3. marinerrr macrumors newbie

Same issue. MacBook Pro 6,2 (15" late 2010). I was able to manually assign an address and it works, but this will suck if I have to do this at every hotspot I hit.

Other things tried without success: zapped the P-RAM, deleted "Airport" from the network menu and re-added it back.

4. skinuca macrumors member

skinuca

A fix that works for some

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2140236?start=0&tstart=0

It does not work for me. My MBA still gets the self-assigned IP address of 169.xxx and will not connect at a local cafe. All of my other devices can connect there and the Air works everyplace else.

Looks like this problem has been around a long time and there is no certian fix. Rebooting the router worked for me what it was my iPad and at home, but can't do that everywhere people are experiencing this issue. :confused: