10.6 And Flip4Mac Progress Bar In Finder

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dissdnt, Sep 2, 2009.

1. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

When your viewing videos in the folder view of the finder now I get these flip4mac progress bars popping up over and over again even after the finder is closed. Anyone else getting this?

I'm guessing it's processing the vids so you can play them in the thumbnail view but it's pretty annoying.

I did notice now that QuicktimeX supports almost all video formats now, even WMV, but you can't scrub without flip4mac.

2. greatmaju macrumors member

greatmaju

Does it?
    WMV keeps opening up in VLc and AVI keeps opening up in Quicktime 7. hmm

I too get the Flip4Mac progress bar whilst viewing WMV files in finder, despite me deleting just about everything I can about Flip4Mac.

I'll see if I can get WMV running on Quicktime X

3. dissdnt thread starter macrumors 65816

dissdnt

You can stop it in sys pref, flip4mac at the bottom. You just uncheck everything in the player tab it seems. But i still want to use it.. not sure what the solution is yet.

Update: Found a beta specifically made for Leopard - http://dynamic.telestream.net/downloads/download-flip4macwmv-beta.asp

It stops the progress bar issue but doesn't seem to actually be encoding the videos for you hehe. Everything plays in the thumbnail view though.

4. greatmaju macrumors member

greatmaju

It would seem that .AVI, .WMV and .FLV can play in Quicktime X.
    Though WMV seems to take longer loading time.