10.6 Exchange setup

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Yorick, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Yorick Guest

I've just installed Snow Leopard and trying to setup the mail app to connect to a Exchange 2007 SP1 server, however can't manage to get this working.

Is there anybody who managed to get this working? If so, how did you connect (OWA/VPN)?

Any help appreciated!

2. ct77 macrumors member

I'm in the same boat. I've confirmed that the Exchange server I'm trying to connect to is running SP1 Rollup 9, which betters the minimum requirement that the Exchange server be running SP1 Rollup 4.

What's interesting is that I can connect to this same Exchange server using my iPhone.

Using the same mail server settings in Mail.app in Snow Leopard, I cannot connect.

AutoDiscovery must be turned off on the Exchange server I'm connecting to, because that definitely did not work for me.

3. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I got it to work. My school uses Exchange 2007 for our Email/Calender/Contacts.

In Mail, all I did was type in my Email/Password and Mail auto-discovered it and set me up automatically within 5 seconds. It gave me the option to use the Exchange services with iCal and Address Book.

If you want me to look anything up on my settings or ask me questions, go ahead.

4. parapup macrumors 65816

parapup

I was able to get autodiscover work with 10.6 Mail.app using my work Exchange server, without using VPN. It never worked for me on the iPhone which is why I had to get rid of it. Even iCal syncs well with the Exchange calendar. (It's another thing that Mail.app crashes 3 out 5 times I send an email - so I am back to Entourage Web Services any way.)

For AutoDiscover to work it must send publicly accessible URLs to the client - in my case it sends multiple - some of them accessible from internal network/VPN and others from over the Internet. Mail.app tries all of them and uses the one that succeeds I suppose.

Have you both able to get Entourage for Web Services work by any chance? If it works and Mail.app doesn't then time to file a bug I suppose.