Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plexdk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
Hi all.

I have had 10.6 installed since launch day, and been very happy about it.. BUT..

Lately i have experienced a graphics bug, when i return from standby (open lid) on my unibody macbook pro 15".

All i see is alot of fuzzy pixels, like when a television has not been setup.
Am I the only one experiencing this? Besides that, i also get alot of flickering gfx when i try to open a new tab in safari, but only for a few seconds, then its alright...

Never experienced this kind of bugs with the first releases of earlier os's. :(

toddy23

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2009
Hi all.

I have had 10.6 installed since launch day, and been very happy about it.. BUT..

Lately i have experienced a graphics bug, when i return from standby (open lid) on my unibody macbook pro 15".

All i see is alot of fuzzy pixels, like when a television has not been setup.
Am I the only one experiencing this? Besides that, i also get alot of flickering gfx when i try to open a new tab in safari, but only for a few seconds, then its alright...

Never experienced this kind of bugs with the first releases of earlier os's. :(

The exact same thing happened with me - started a few weeks ago and this is the first post I've seen in any forum about this.

There are still quite a few bugs/glitches with SL at the moment and that hopefully the 10.6.2 update (whenever that becomes available) will iron out the problems that people have been having (and judging by a few threads on this forum alone there are quite a few issues to resolve!).

As for the problem both we have experienced I am sure there will be someone on this forum (a lot more technically proficient than me) who may know exactly what is causing this (and a possible solution?).

If not then hopefully the SL update will fix it.Like you said it happens for a few seconds then goes back to normal. My iMac still works fine but you're right, for a first release there have been quite a few bugs judging from what a lot of people have been writing about.Let's hope they're sorted out soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.