10.6 to 10.5 Downgrade (Keychain Help)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by burntwaffle, Mar 21, 2009.

1. burntwaffle macrumors newbie

After using snow leopard for a couple of months I didn't really enjoy it. Applications crashed, plus oit was only the beta. I decided to Downgrade to leopard. I backed up using time machine, cleared my HD in Disc Utility, and tried to restore. This didnt work since th default applications were not compatible with Leopard s I had to start fresh then drag my apps and everything manually. After a couple of days, it was all done. Now after 3 months since I downgraded, Keychain is really starting to tick me off. every time I use an application that requires a password, it never remembers and I always have to type it. I've tried using pacifist and putting back in keychain, nothing. Tried to make a new keychain nothing. Tried to repair, nothing. What is going on here?

Please Help

2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Firstly, why did you even install Snow Leopard when your not a developer? Thats why its called Beta and only available in the developer connection

Secondly, you have to back up to an external hard drive using time machine, format your hard drive, and then manually restore your apps and files from the backup when you freshly install OS X 10.5. (leopard).

3. kolax macrumors G3

You should have set another partition for Snow Leopard if you are a developer. That way you can switch back to Leopard and to Snow Leopard easily.

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

You can probably trash ~/Library/Keychains/login.keychain and start fresh.

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

Your obviously not a developer and any copy of Snow Leopard you obtained would be pirated. Givin' that, the problems you have had are to be expected and deserved.

6. mreg376 macrumors 6502a

And especially deserved.

7. burntwaffle thread starter macrumors newbie

Didn't work. But thanks. And guys, no I'm not a developer and I know that I deserve this but please can you help me with this problem?