Resolved 10.6 to 10.7 user account deleted?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by djrod, Jul 3, 2011.

1. djrod, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011

djrod macrumors 65816

djrod

so here I am, just upgraded my snow leopard 10.6.8 to the 10.7 GM and I'm stuck at the login screen, it does not appear my user account to be selected and the form does not recognice my user or password. Anyone else with this
    problem?

SOLVED : It seems I have an old user that wasn't properly deleted on my SL installation, I did clean install of SL, restored my user account and preferences from time machine, not restoring the corrupted user and then I install Lion with no problems, as the problem were not Lion related I'm going back to SL till Lion appears in the Mac App Store!

2. dethmaShine macrumors 68000

Are you a developer?

3. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

No did you choose the option to migrate your apps and user account during the post install setup?

4. djrod thread starter macrumors 65816

djrod

There was not such an option, everything was completely automatic

5. djrod, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2011

djrod thread starter macrumors 65816

djrod

Nope, I get the GM just to see if this problem was fixed. As I'm having this problem maybe some actual developer can report the issue to apple because the same thing happened when I tried the DP4, fresh install ok, upgrade? Bye bye login

6. Magnum Opus macrumors regular

well what users are available? there should be a selection of all users on the login screen...

7. djrod thread starter macrumors 65816

djrod

Not a single one.

8. brijazz macrumors 6502

brijazz

You'd better hope someone here can help you out, 'cuz you sure aren't going to get any support from Apple.

This has to be thread #473829 with the same theme: "Hi, I illegally downloaded Lion, and I'm having problems. Help!" :rolleyes:

9. djrod thread starter macrumors 65816

djrod

You are wrong, I don't want help. I'm warning about an issue so any developer can check and tell apple. I couldn't care less about this program is if wasn't because I want the soft to work fine when It's released.

BTW it's not illegal in my country unless I sell the software.