Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The JTizzle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Maine
Just curious is any one is using this build for every day use? I have a vacation coming up and thought I might install and try it out until my retail copy ships in Sept since I have some free time on my hands. Any one have any experience with it?

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
Just curious is any one is using this build for every day use? I have a vacation coming up and thought I might install and try it out until my retail copy ships in Sept since I have some free time on my hands. Any one have any experience with it?

Apple doesn't give Snow Leopard builds to non-developers.
:confused:

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007

Don't bother. It's not that stable.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
If Apple wanted you to have it, they would have given it to you.

If everyone reports bugs, it inundates Apple with thousands of useless comments through which they must weed to get to the real comments by developers.

Oh, and we don't support piracy, so don't look for any help from here in the future with the use of the WWDC preview should you obtain it.

The JTizzle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Maine
I find it funny when some of you guys freak out about non devs having beta builds when this entire site is founded on leaked and broken NDA information.

And thanks for the folks who commented in with stability reports. I'm bored and gonna try it out today as a side project.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
he's talking ****. mine has been running for over a week, rock solid.

Same here.

Obviously not everybody has the same experience but it isn't that stable and ready for somebody to install it on a laptop to use it as main OS to last him til the final release.

If he was talking about using it on non-main machine or external to play around then fine. It's okay for that but definitely not stable for a main OS, there's a lot of minor instabilities that would annoy some people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.