10.7.1 and LogMeIn

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Poob Bubes, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

I use LogMeIn to connect to my iMac from work. Since upgrading to 10.7.1 I cannot get connected. Does anyone else have this issue?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you try reinstalling the client portion of logmein?

3. Poob Bubes thread starter macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

Not yet. I actually just noticed the issue today when trying to connect so I haven't been home yet. I will give that a try tonight.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My guess is the update wiped out the hooks/client stuff that logmein requires and a simple install will resolve the issue.

5. DarkestRitual macrumors member

DarkestRitual

I'm having the same issue. I think a reinstall will do it, too, so will try that and report back.

6. Poob Bubes thread starter macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

Well I reinstalled the client but the problem still remains. The strange thing is that I can still connect via LogMeIn Ingnition for iPad, but it will not connect when using a browser. It fails on the "Verify Identity" stage with the following details:

Authenticating...

Connection refused.
    Host is temporarily offline.

7. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Can you connect to the host Mac using regular screen sharing, the freebie built into OS X?

Lion changed its VNC implementation a bit; I've found you have to enter both the username of the account you're logging in to, and the password. I don't use Logmein, but perhaps you could just try your mac's screen sharing to see if that works.

Rob